Fursaddu waxay ku egtahay 7 Siteenbar 2017. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida HALKAN RIIX.
ADRA is seeking the services of a consultant to undertake ENERGY POLICY REVIEW, CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING AND POLICY DEVELOPMENT FOR JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA
The purpose of this consultancy is to assist the Jubbaland Ministry of Mines, Energy, and Water to develop a draft Energy Policy document, that will in the medium to long term help to meet the energy needs of Jubbaland in a sustainable, cost effective and socially/environmentally manner, while also helping to increase access to modern affordable and reliable energy services.
2. Specific Tasks
In developing the Energy Policy document, the consultant will undertake the following activities:
- Consult all the key stakeholders in the government, private sector and other non-state actors in Somalia on its current and future energy interests and policies. Consultative workshop(s) will focus on undertaking preliminary consultations in plenary and on one-on-one basis to brainstorm and identify the key elements of an Energy Policy Framework and to gather the relevant data.
- Conduct capacity building workshop on policy development and advocacy skills for key stakeholders in the energy sector of Jubbaland.
- Review of the existing structures, systems, and regulations in the energy subsector, including those relating to Federal Government, Regional Governments, energy institutions, and Commissions;
- Examine and assess Somali energy-related policies, laws, regulations and practices and provide necessary recommendations.
- Develop the draft Energy Policy Framework and identify energy related domestic reforms required to support the policy, develop an implementation strategy for the policy and a national mechanism for implementing, reviewing and monitoring the Energy Policy.
- Present the draft Energy Policy Framework to the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Water in Jubbaland State of Somalia and finalize the Energy Policy Framework taking into account the comments from all the stakeholders. The second workshop will be to present the first draft Energy Policy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a proven track record in policy formulation, advocacy and institutional capacity building/training.
- Have practical experience in the policy development cycle
- Have excellent analytical and writing skills
- Should have a good understanding of energy, environment and social issues.
- Should have a good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Degree in policy development, advocacy, international development or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in developing countries, including previous experience working in Somalia.