ADMIN ASSISTANT, Garoowe
Organization: International NGO Safety Organisation
Deadline: Friday, 15 September 2017
Interested persons are requested to send the following to ([email protected]) and ensure to reference ‘INSO ADMIN ASSISTANT – GAROWE’ – in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- A cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum)
- An updated CV (2 pages maximum)
- Contact information for 3 referees (preferably, work-related or school-related)
Only candidates that strictly stick to the instructions above will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as ADMIN ASSISTANT to be based in INSO GAROWE OFFICE, PUNTLAND.
The main purpose of this position is to support INSO’s Puntland Area Manager with the daily administrative and logistic tasks, as well as with the office’s finances.
1) Administration & Logistics
- Local procurement: ensures that goods and services are procured at a good value for INSO and following INSO’s procurement policies. Ensures good working relations with main suppliers.
- Travel arrangements: supports travel arrangements, including (but not limited to) facilitating staff visas for INSO staff visiting Puntland and organize flight and hotel bookings when required.
- Office maintenance: Ensure offices premises and equipment are in good shape and properly maintained (plumber, electricity, minor works). Follows up the consumption and due payment of utilities, immediately flagging to the Area Manager any anomaly in the consumption or the costs.
- Vehicle fleet: In link with the driver, ensure vehicle logs are updated and accurate.
- Asset follow-up: Maintain and update the inventory list as per INSO requirements.
- Support to HR management: In close link with the Area Manager and the Administration officer in Nairobi, the Admin Assistant shall: (1) Record all INSO Puntland staff leaves and absenteeism; (2) Ensure all INSO Puntland staff have staff IDs; (3) Ensure that the staff regulations are known to all INSO Puntland staff; (4) Liaise with the health & travel insurance providers as needed; (5) Ensure that the staff timesheets are properly filled and sent by email to the Administration officer every month for all INSO staff in Puntland. The Admin Assistant shall provide individual support those staff members who have no access to computers and/or no English skills.
- Others: Support other admin-related work related to INSO operations in Puntland, as requested by his/her hierarchical supervisor.