FIELD OFFICER – BOSASSO, Bosasso + FIELD OFFICER – GAROOWE, Garoowe
Organization: International NGO Safety Organisation
Deadline: Friday, 15 September 2017
Interested persons are requested to send the following to ([email protected]) and ensure to reference ‘INSO FIELD OFFICER – BOSASSO/GAROOWE’ – in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- A cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum)
- An updated CV (2 pages maximum)
- Contact information for 3 referees (preferably, work-related)
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, etc.).
The main purpose of this position is to:
- Be INSO focal point in his/her area of operation, liaising and coordinating with NGOs and other relevant actors and support them for any security and safety related issue.
- Gather, analyse and report to NGOs and to his/her line manager any security related information occurring in his/her area of operation.
1) Information and Analysis
a) Draft security reports and other written briefs for NGOs:
- Pro-actively collect information relevant to NGOs safety and security: create and maintain a diversified network of information sources (Governments, NGOs, journalists, internet, elders, business, religious leaders…)
- Ensure information collected is cross-checked, is credible and timely.
- Report this information in high quality daily reports sent by email to his/her line manager. The reports will use a standard format/style as provided by the line manager.
- Report immediately to the line Manager any security incident concerning NGOs or other breaking news.
- Be on standby and available for any complement of information request by the line manager.
- Participate the drafting of other analysis reports (Bi-weekly, area brief, quarterlies, maps…) on request and in link with the line manager.
b) Participate on security assessments
- Participate on request by the line manager in security assessments missions.
- Upon request from the NGOs, carry out compound assessments of NGOs’ premises, in coordination with line management and with the support of INSO’s Deputy Director Training for compound assessments.
- Draft quality mission reports.
c) Prepare a bi-weekly or monthly brief for NGOs in their area of operation, in link with the line manager
- Prepare a bi-weekly or monthly brief for NGOs in their area of operation using PowerPoint presentation or other support quality documents, in link with the line manager
d) Provide Oral Brief and travel advisories to NGOs
- Be available to NGOs for any brief request. Link with the line Manager if needed for complementary information
- Draft structured travel advisories to NGOs requesting it. Link with the line manager if needed for complementary information
- Assist in INSO trainings as required in Somalia
- Be available and reachable 24 / 7 for NGOs in their area of operation and line manager
- Propose support immediately to any NGOs experiencing a security incident: threat analysis, enquiry, support toward local authorities etc…
4) Representation / coordination
- Act as the local focal point for safety co-ordinator and information sharing between the relevant actors and NGOs within the area of operations
- Participate in the security cell meetings
- Organize bi-weekly or monthly security NGO briefings with a security presentation if relevant in area of responsibility.
- Be in communication and on good terms with all relevant stakeholders: NGOs, UN, Government Authorities, Elders, religious Leaders…
5) Monitoring and Reporting
- Prepare weekly reports (sitrep) for his / her line manager
- Update and send every Monday the NGO request and response table