Job title Driver (Two Positions)
Contract type/grade Fixed Term, G-2
Duty station Garowe, Somalia
Contract duration 1 year (initial)
Date of issue 16 March 2021
Closing date 29 March 2021
What will you do?
• Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations
from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following
authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic
assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival the authorised destinations.
• Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the
supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption
supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
• Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all
equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel
authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to
ensure safe and efficient services.
• Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and
report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and
facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
• Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and
maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing
service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to
• Perform other related duties as required.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Secondary school certificate. A formal driving training with a valid driver’s license. Formal
vehicle mechanical training is a plus.
• Two years progressively responsible experience as a driver Two or more years of work
experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with
a demonstrated safe driving record.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication in Somali and English is a must
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Efficiency and Time-Management
• Understanding of modern vehicle dynamics
• Familiarity with the local area
HALKAAN KUSOO CODSO, CV-GAAGA , RAAC LINKIGAN HOOSE