Fursaddu waxay ku egtahay 20 Agoosto 2017. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida HALKAN RIIX ama hoos akhri.
Somali speaking Communications and Media Advisor for deployment to Mogadishu
• Provide both practical and strategic communications advice.
• Lead in designing and developing an effective communication strategy, including producing an implementation plan and overseeing its execution.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from the domestic and international community.
• Lead in coaching and mentoring staff on communication matters and thus building capacity.
• Define an approach to develop a communications agenda and public outreach initiatives.
• Produce a variety of written communications, including press releases, speeches, talking points and other materials on important issues to keep the public and stakeholders up to date on key developments.
• Regularly produce, update, and circulate key messages for media engagement.
• Monitor national and international news and provide perspectives and analysis, and identify issues of concern, providing timely response and maintaining positive media relations.
• Possess at least eight (8) years of progressively work experience in strategic communications and policy development, public relations or media preferably within a government department or agency and/or multifunctional organization.
• Experience of operating in a complex political environment together with consultation and negotiation skills in order to influence and change opinion;
• Familiarity and proven interest in capacity building and developing practical mentoring processes.
• Solid experience of effectively communicating through clear and persuasive oral, written and personal presentations to a range of stakeholders;
• Familiarity with relevant IT software tools, web page designing and maintenance. Proficient in editing and proofreading; Solid consultative, facilitation and presentation skills
- Journalism / Communications
- Social sciense
- Academy college / University
• Strong analytical and presentation skills with an ability to evaluate and propose strategic options;
• Ability to think critically and strategically in difficult conditions to diplomatically challenge the status quo and encourage shared ownership of outcomes;
• Ability to interface effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including media and senior decision makers;
• Commitment to ensuring that knowledge transfer and capacity building is central in the work;
• Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills;
• Crises communications experience with the ability to understanding of complexities of political dynamics and to identify best communication strategy to achieve win-win situation;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Somali and English (both languages essential) ;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a conflict environment;
• Ability to engender trust and confidence through professional integrity;
• Commitment for the role with tenacity to execute strategic and policy interventions;
• Respect for gender equality and ability to integrate this in tasks carried out.
• A great opportunity to work in an international environment for a world-recognised organisation
• A meaningful job working in some of the world’s most challenging crises
• Significant life experiences through challenges and self-development
• A network of over 1000 professional humanitarian colleagues to discuss with and learn from
• For more information about NORCAP, please go to our website: www.nrc.no/norcap
• Candidates are expected to be available as soon as possible and for a 12 months period.
• Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
• All candidates will get feedback within three weeks after the closing date of this advertisement.
•Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
•NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates