Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 11ka Siteenbar 2018. Habka arjida HALKAN RIIX, faahfaahintana hoos arag.
- Role and responsibilities:
The purpose of the Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS) Project Officer is to support the implementation of the LFS activities in Gedo region and build capacity of the project implementation teams working with him/her to ensure activities are carried out on time and according to the budgets and prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports in close coordination with the LFS project Coordinator-Jubbaland. The Livelihood and Food Officer will represent NRC in all program matters within coordination fora relevant to the area program. All this is to be carried out in close collaboration with Dollow team leader, LFS PC, PM, AM and LFS Technical Specialists as deemed necessary.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Line management of Gedo Project Assistants.
- Provide regular progress reports to PC, Dollow team Leader and PM where needed.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholdersPrepare and develop project activities implementation status reports as required by PC/PM.
- Administrative support
- Support project Assistants in raising procurement requests (PRs) in Agresso where applicable and liaise with logistics to support stock requisition of materials from stores to support project activities using the correct procedures
- Liaise with LFS PC to support in preparation of contract documents, verification certificates for incentive workers, partners and other service providers timely to facilitate proper and prompt payment to the partners
- Ensure that incentive workers work efficiently and correct data capture procedures are adhered to during PDM and other monitoring activities
- Administer working advances, field based resource person’s payments and participants’ activity payments in compliance with NRC policy.
- Program support
- Participate in project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation including rapid assessments, and other data collection in order to inform and improve programming
- Work with project assistants to enable assistants understand the M&E and implementation plan that you are directly responsible for to enable them understand the reason behind each activity that they implement.
- In coordination with the area LFS PC, prepare, share and implement monthly activity work plans for LFS projects in Gedo with Project assistants based on Gantt chart developed by the LFS PC/PM.
- Liaise and work with project assistants including field assistants to implement and document FSL activities in Gedo with special focus at the on the projects assigned.
- Support and work with incentive workers, implementing partners, suppliers & beneficiaries to; build capacity, ensure that correct documentation procedures are adhered to during field activities including M&E activities
- In consultation with LFS Project Coordinator/ Manager, represent NRC in community meetings, coordination meetings and other information sharing fora that is available
- Communicate timely and adequately of any concerns that threats the smooth operation of program and advise of possible course of actions to take
- Timely reporting and support in preparation of project reports/updates e.g.
- Compilation of weekly reports from LFS Assistants and submission to PC/PM
- Submission of weekly, bi-weekly and monthly PDM reports to LFS PC/PM
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisors
Professional competencies for this position:
- Experience working in relief operations in complex and challenging environments;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise with figures from the humanitarian community, local government and army, and other relevant actors, when required;
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations under difficult living conditions with respect for basic security rules;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is required.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree preferably in Agriculture, Environment, community or rural development, development or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience with at least 2 years with a humanitarian program and half of which directly implementing food security and livelihoods related activities.
- Experience in working in Somalia is a pre-requisite
- Proficient in computer applications, Mobile data collection applications
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Strong organisational, analytical and logistical skills
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions
- A natural sense of humour is desirable
- Good command of English
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent computer skills
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Contract period: December 2018 with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Dollow
Travel: travelling is expected.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable