Fursaddu waxay ku egtahay 15 May 2017. Arjidaada oo macluumaadka hoose wadata u dir emailka hoose.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected] , quoting “**Project Officer – WASH”** in the email subject matter, by 15th May, 2017.
Each application should be addressed to HR Director and include the following:
• An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
• An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
Vacancy Announcement: Project Officer – WASH
Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions (www.adesoafrica.org)
Position Title: Project Officer – WASH
Reporting To: Deputy Program Manager
Working With: All Program Staff
Program/Duty Station: Badhan Sanaag Region
Duration: Ten (10) Months
Starting Date: Immediately
The Project Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of Adeso interventions in accordance with the implementation framework and donor guidelines.
Based in Sanaag, the Project Officer will be a full-time member of the Adeso Team reporting to the Deputy Program Manager. S/he will, together with the Project Team, develop appropriate project plans and implementation, carry out project activities and monitor the projects. Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Manager, the Project Officer will lead the technical development and implementation of the project.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assisting in the selection of project sites together with the target communities and in line with their requirements/priorities.
· Conducting thorough assessments of the proposed sites, analyzing labour requirements, costs and timeframes, and taking into consideration the successes and constraints of new/rehabilitated water infrastructure at all sites.
· Developing technical designs and plans for proposed work sites in consultation with the Deputy Program Director and other staff.
· Developing and maintaining good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities, explaining Adeso’s role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project.
· Preparing Bill of Quantities (BoQs) for all work sites and oversee procurement of materials and supplies required in consultation with the logistics officer.
· Ensuring that all BoQs costing are well put in the general project procurement plan which has to be done once and approved from HQ; in the absence of the Project engineer
· Ensuring construction of projects in accordance with designs and training of community members and stakeholders on proper operation and maintenance of the water sources.
· Monitoring expenditure and costs of infrastructure work sites to ensure that project stays on budget.
· Supervising the construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure.
· Monitoring water quality through continual testing and undertaking activities to address poor water quality, including public health initiatives.
· Completing Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) plan for infrastructure development when required.
· Developing contractor tender documents for different structure to be constructed.
· Developing training materials related to Water, Sanitation and Natural Resource Management components as needed for the project.
· Providing a need based technical skills to the field staff by carrying on-job regular trainings.
· Promoting public hygiene and sanitation awareness and behaviour change and communication.
· Supporting the Deputy Program Director/Engineer Team Leader in compiling monthly, quarterly technical reports.
· Any other duties assigned in the course of the assignment period.