Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 30ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta iyo habka arjidana hoos arag:
Duties and responsibilities
Partner coordination and Service Delivery Monitoring
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites
- Closely work with partner agency working on protection in Sanaag project sites
- Liaising and coordination with local authorities responsible for site administration and delivering of services in the site
- Liaising with Sub National clusters (particularly CCCM, Shelter, WASH, Protection)
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level. Support to partners to achieve agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality.
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and advocating through the appropriate mechanism for achieving agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality
- Supporting HLP activities and engaging in negotiations with gatekeepers, land owners and local authorities to ensure proper formal land tenure agreement are in place and risk of eviction is minimized
Community liaison, mobilisation, and accountability
- Establishing community governance and representation committees and strengthening the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Organizing regular meetings with committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Overseeing mobilization activities conducted by assistants/outreach workers or community members/representatives and supporting community mobilisation of partner agencies, as needed
- Overseeing of and support to ACTED Communication with Communities (CwC) activities, including but limited to outreach activities and information campaigns
- Support the establishment of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Once established, overseeing operation of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM), including data management and referrals
- Training and coaching of camp committees, partner agencies and site team on CCCM and CCCM related topics.
- Training of WASH management committees and community hygiene promoters on WASH related topics.
Infrastructure and site maintenance
- Supervising regular assessment of site infrastructure, WASH infrastructure and physical service delivery in the camp (e.g. drainage, roads, water supply e.g. shallow well and boreholes construction and rehabilitation, latrines, community infrastructure)
- Supporting CCCM Engineer/WASH Project Officer/WASH Project Assistant in preparing plans for site works, and overseeing implementation by site infrastructure team/contractors as needed.
- Considering environmental impacts of infrastructure works from planning to implementation and taking all the necessary measures to mitigate the impacts as much as possible
- Overseeing information management activities and information sharing with partners and stakeholders to improve coordination.
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight.
Shelter and Non Food Items
- Supervise technical temporary shelter construction including all phases of tasks and activities that go into the construction of T-shelters and promote community involvement in planning and constructing T-shelter
- Coordinate and supervise registration for distribution of ESK or NFIs kits with all relevant stakeholders, including AMEU department and local authorities and supervise and assist in ESK or NFIs vulnerability prioritization
- Full management of ESK or NFIs kit distribution including support in procurement of items, prioritizing communities, conducting awareness and outreach for the distribution and following ACTED’s distribution SOPs in successfully distributing items to beneficiaries, support to vulnerable individuals during the distribution and mainstream protection
- Support in managing S/NFIs items in stock, assuring that items and their transportation to site are adequately planned and timely identify any possible opportunities for supporting the population on base of needs and vulnerabilities with leftover items in stock
- Coordinate with government officials and create tripartite land tenure agreements for site prioritized for construction of T-shelter and distribution of ESK (to minimize risk of eviction and waste of resources)
- Working directly with community focal points to promote transparency of the distribution and community awareness on S/NFIs activities in the sites
- Create documents about distribution procedures and mapping distribution sites
- Assist SNFI engineer (if any) in all matters related to the construction of temporary shelters
- Ensuring an excellent liaison between CCCM and Shelter/NFIs components of the project, especially through identification of vulnerable individuals in need of shelter and/or NFIs assistance during outreach activities and referral of complaints and feedbacks related to shelter, NFIs, site maintenance and infrastructure
- Prepare project work plans and implement them within the timeframe.
- Manage and supervise all the WASH project’s implementation activities in compliance with donor requirements.
- Manage selection and repair of selected water sources.
- Manage feacal sludge management and hygiene promotion.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate procurement and other needs for project implementation.
- Train water management committees and community hygiene promoters.
- Responsible for effective delivery of projects activities within the proposed time and budget.
- Actively participate in all the field meetings, deliberations, project site visits, workshops which address or are related to project activities.
- Prepare project progress reports, monthly reports, sub cluster reports and assessment report and ensure timely submission.
- Participate proactively and contribute in the WASH cluster meetings/WASH coordination meetings at Regional level.
- Work closely with AME, Communication and Technical Coordinator for effective project delivery.
- Contribute to mainstreaming of gender in project activities.
- Work with relevant Government Ministries and other WASH stakeholders to ensure complementarity and coordination of WASH projects implementation.
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of project activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- Supporting and promoting participation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms and CCCM and WASH Activities.
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the camps
- Coordinating assistance to vulnerable individuals at camp events with protection partners and other humanitarian agencies (like distribution, registration, etc.)
- Ensure that principles of data confidentiality are respected in information management activities and that sensitive data of beneficiaries are protected when stored or shared if strictly necessary
- Ensuring that all site maintenance and infrastructure interventions are carried out through a vulnerability lens and whenever site maintenance activities are implemented, always consider accessibility to infrastructure and inclusion of people with specific needs
Project management and reporting
Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Developing weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives and ensuring regular follow-ups on plans implementation
- Organizing regular staff coordination meetings for the sites
- Excellent liaison with other Site Team Members, ensuring consistency and coordination of activities in the site
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to line manager and to the technical coordinator (e.g. activities implementation, urgent complaints and concern raised by the community etc.)
- Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, evictions, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to line manager and to the line manager and Technical Coordinator
- Timely submission of internal reports (weekly, monthly and ad hoc donor reporting)
- Timely submission of cluster reports.
- Day to day supervision of CCCM and WASH team
- Ensure CCCM and WASH staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by ACTED’s camp Code of Conduct
- Support to Area Coordinator and Camp Coordinator in identifying areas for improvement and developing site strategy
- Supporting AME activities during monitoring and evaluation activities of project implementation and addressing recommendation of AME department to enhance effectiveness of project activities and maximize impacts
- Provide inputs for the elaboration of Procurement plans as requested by Logistics Department
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Following and Monitoring Project expenditures
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Participation in recruitment of new staff
- Support in hiring and management of daily labour
- Identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities of the team, to achieve these through support or training in coordination with Area Coordinator/TC/HR department
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs ) upon needs
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science, Water and Sanitation or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years WASH management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in WASH management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] and received on or before 30th September 2018 with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR PROJECT MANAGER_WASH_OF_BADHAN. Applications will not be considered if they do not have proper subject line and if they are sent after the deadline.