Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 30ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta iyo habka arjidana hoos arag:
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Database Assistant position in Badhan.
*II. Position Profile*: ACTED’s CCCM Database Assistant will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The CCCM Database Assistant will lead with all information management tools that are created at site level, will spearhead assessments at site level and will be responsible for ensuring that all database required information is updated regularly.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement CCCM activities as requested by CCCM Senior Officer, Area Coordinator and Technical Coordinator such as but not limited to:
- Design data collection tools and constantly revise them for improvements based on experience, needs and lesson learnt
- Enter data efficiently from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms completely and accurately;
- Verify the accuracy of data collected during any data collection exercises and by reviewing data for deficiencies or errors and correcting any incompatibilities if possible;
- Maintain clean and up to date datasets/databases while removing unnecessary and duplicate datasets;
- Conducting data collection or supervising enumerators conducting data collection
- Create visual information products for sharing with partners and stakeholders, such as site profiles, info graphics and chart, brief narrative reports summarising data collected and related particularly to service delivery, population movements, CWC activities , risk evictions, community governance and complaints
- Strict compliance to data confidentiality principles and policies during data collection, data storage and data sharing
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
- Be responsible of storing soft and hard copies of project documentations (such as photos, meeting minutes, reports etc etc) in compliance with ACTED and Donors procedures
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Spearheading outreach campaigns in the camp and ensuring that information is being properly conveyed and circulated to the camp community
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s CCCM Officer, Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
IV. Qualifications/Skills Required
- Completion of university degree in database, computer science, computer engineering humanities, social studies, or another relevant degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package, particularly Excel, and/or other data management and analysis software
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in managing database, data collection, community services, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in ODK and preferable experience in GIS software
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] and received on or before 30th September 2018 with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR CCCM DATABASE ASSISTANT_BADHAN”. Applications will not be considered if; 1)they are sent without proper subject line, 2) they are sent after the deadline.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.