Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 30ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta iyo habka arjidana hoos arag:
I. Main Objective: The WASH PM manages WASH activities in the project target sites in Sanaag, under the direct management of ACTED Sub-Area Coordinator or their direct representatives in the field, with the support and guidance by the Technical WASH Coordinator. This includes but not limited to: coordination with humanitarian partner agencies and site administration; communication and liaison with beneficiary communities, including capacity building of Water Management Committees; supervising service delivery and timely monitoring on progress; Hydro-geological and Geophysical surveys, Drilling, infrastructure construction, maintenance and installation of quality equipment and capacity building activities among other tasks.
Duties and responsibilities;
Partner coordination and Service Delivery Monitoring
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites
- Liaising and coordination with local authorities responsible for site administration and delivering of services in the site
- Liaising with Hydro-geological surveyor during boreholes drilling for advice/guidance
- Liaising with WASH Sub National cluster in Sanaag region
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level. Support to partners to achieve agreed minimum standards and quality service delivery.
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and advocating through the appropriate mechanism for achieving agreed minimum standards and quality service delivery
- Engaging in negotiations with land owners and local authorities to ensure proper formal land tenure agreements are in place if the site for borehole drilling falls within an individually owned land to avoid future land related risks.
Community liaison, mobilisation, and accountability
- Establishing community governance and representation committees and strengthening the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Organizing regular meetings with committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Overseeing mobilization activities conducted by assistants/outreach workers or community members/representatives and supporting community mobilisation of partner agencies, as needed
- Overseeing of and support to ACTED Communication with Communities (CwC) activities, including but limited to outreach activities and information campaigns
- Support the establishment of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Once established, overseeing operation of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM), including data management and referrals
- Training of Water Management committees for the boreholes drilled/rehabilitated.
Infrastructure and site maintenance
- Supervising regular assessment of WASH infrastructure and quality physical equipment and other service delivery to the project sites
- Prepare quality designs, specifications and BoQs for infrastructure construction/installation
- Supervision and Monitoring of boreholes drilling, ensuring collection of soil/rock samples of different layers, recording drilling progress (drilling depths, water levels, requirement for closing of holes/perforations within the rock catchments), conducting pump testing after striking water and installation of quality equipment
- Supporting WASH Project Officer in preparing plans for site works, and overseeing implementation of boreholes drilling/rehabilitation, infrastructure construction and installation of equipment as needed.
- Considering environmental impacts (EIA) of infrastructure works from planning to implementation and taking all the necessary measures to mitigate the impacts as much as possible
- Overseeing information management activities and information sharing with partners and stakeholders to improve coordination.
- Supporting improvement of information management through participation in sub-cluster coordination meetings/forum.
Project management and reporting
Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Developing weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives and ensuring regular follow-ups on plans implementation
- Organizing regular staff coordination meetings for the sites
- Excellent liaison with other Team Members, ensuring consistency and coordination of activities in the sites
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to line manager and to the WASH technical coordinator (e.g. activities implementation, urgent complaints and concern raised by the community etc.)
- Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, disputes, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to line manager and Technical Coordinator
- Timely submission of internal reports (weekly, monthly and ad hoc donor reports)
- Timely submission of cluster reports.
- Day to day supervision of WASH team
- Ensure WASH staff and incentivized labour (if any) are actively following their TORs and abiding by ACTED’s Code of Conduct
- Support Sub-Area Coordinator in identifying areas for improvement and developing strategy
- Supporting AME activities during monitoring and evaluation activities of project implementation and addressing recommendation of AME department to enhance effectiveness of project activities and maximize impacts
- Provide inputs for the elaboration of Procurement plans as requested by Logistics Department
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
- Share designs and BoQs with logs
- Share clear specifications for equipment required for installation at borehole sites
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Following and Monitoring Project expenditures
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Participation in recruitment of new staff of WASH staff
- Support in hiring and management of daily labour
- Identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities of the team, to achieve these through support or training in coordination with Area Coordinator/TC/HR department
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs ) upon needs
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science, Water and Sanitation or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years WASH management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in WASH management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] and received on or before 30th September 2018 with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR PROJECT MANAGER_SA_BADHAN. Applications without proper subject line will not be considered, same to those sent after deadline.