Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 18ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida iyo taariikhdaada shaqo u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfahintana hoos arag:
1. Job Summary:
The Project Officer will be full time member of CARE staff in Somalia (Based in Abudwaq) and will be responsible for the overall implementation of the programme activities. She/he will ensure that programmer’s goals and objectives are met in a timely and effective manner. The project officer will close work with the emergency program staff in Somalia.
R1: Implementation and planning of program activities
- Lead community mobilization, organize meetings with community committees and maintain regular communication with local authorities and beneficiaries.
- Identify and register unconditional cash transfer beneficiaries in line with pre-defined targeting criteria.
- Assist the emergency program manager in conducting assessment and keeping up to date information about the humanitarian situation of communities in Abudwaq district.
- Coordinate with local authorities, village committees and contractors about the selection and identification of specific sites for the construction/rehabilitation of water and sanitation facilities.
- Participate in the development of programme strategies, operational and work plans and proposals.
- Organize workshops, training and campaigns and ensure that they are implemented in a quality and properly planned manner.
- To lead and ensure that unconditional cash and other project supplies reach intended beneficiaries.
- Support consultants in accomplishing their assignments (providing information, accompanying them to field, doing translation, reviewing their reports, etc)
- Inform and update the Team leader/S.P.O about progress of project activities, alert her key actions they need to take and advise them
- Maintain project visibility as required by the donor at all times
- Perform other duties as advised by senior program officer
R2. Field Monitoring, reporting and accountability
- Develop monitoring plans and prepare monitoring reports periodically
- Undertake monitoring of implementation process and project impact
- Review payment requests of cash facilitators and contracts before submission to finance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and capture challenges, lesson learned and best practices.
- Compile project data and information and document for reference purposes
- To monitor humanitarian context and reports developments on a regular basis
- Prepare case studies and success stories in the course of your work with the project.
- Ensure proper documentation in all project/program activities
R3. Coordination & information sharing
- Represent CARE in relevant Clusters and working groups (FSC Cluster and other relevant Cluster assigned to, etc…)
- Closely coordinate with the local authorities and the line ministries in the implementation of project activities
- Share regular program related information and other updates concerning the project sector
- Notify to the team leader and the senior program officer any discrepancy, serious incident or any urgent information which may need immediate consideration regarding day to day project activities
- Fulfill any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the organization. 3. Key Relationship /contacts
The program officer will work in close collaboration with CARE head of office (team leader, and other staff) consultants, the Cluster members and Working Group members, Local Authorities and line ministries and Community leaders.
4. Direct Reports
The Program Officer will report directly to the senior program officer but this position will not supervise any staff.
5. Working Conditions
This position is based in Abudwaq with frequent travel to project sites throughout Galmudug.
6. Required qualifications and competencies:
- Should have a Bachelor degree in social sciences, management or development studies
- 2-3 years’ experience in food security and livelihoods programmes
- Good experience in undertaking rapid assessments and report writing
- Good computer skills
- Ability to create and maintain a working environment that will promote value and respect diversity in the implementation process.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizing, communication skills
- Good understanding of gender issues and rights based approaches
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a
- / manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain their message
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines yet effectively coordinate program activities with other CARE projects being implemented
- Ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to [email protected] by September 18, 2018. Candidates are required to quote the position title on the subject line of the email when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.