Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 10ka May 2018. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida hoos arag:
Send in your resume, accompanied with a cover letter, in PDF format with the subject “Head of Media Monitoring and Research” to [email protected] on or before the 10th May 2018
Head of Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
The Head of Research is responsible for all research, monitoring and evaluation activities for projects. The Head of Research will work closely with project managers, regional staff and other key stakeholders to ensure the attainment of AMISOM’s goals and objectives.
- Design and implement a rigorous system that records the results of these testing sessions
- Initiate lobbying and communication channels with the highest levels of government in Somalia and with close links and relationships throughout the Somali political, religious and business spheres.
- Overseeing daily media monitoring and weekly media analysis, tracking local, regional
- and international media coverage and comment
- Mapping the information ecology and information landscape of Somalia
- Provide translation services
- Schedule regular meetings with the Project Manager to report on the impact of all project activities.
- Ensure all reports and summaries will be made available as an electronic service to subscribers and via AMISOM’s media monitoring website www.somaliamediamonitoring.org.
- Overseeing the design and implementation of opinion polling research
- Incorporates any lessons learned into future development of products by the Production Department.
- Disseminate project messaging to influential individuals and organisations: including the SFG Somali civil society and the business community.
- Mitigate risk by neutralizing potential threats by recruiting powerful and influential individuals who are sympathetic to project objectives and can amplify the impact of project messaging at low or no cost.
- Feeding situational awareness: provide access to information about likely developments and events through continuous and frank dialogue with insiders,
- Facilitate content and story generation for the production department.
- Monitoring team’s progress, scheduling regular meetings to discuss workload, skills development and other issues.
- Devise and implement the work programme of the division so as to ensure it provides the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation capacity required by the UNSOM/AMISOM.
- Defines the organization’s goals and objectives and develops strategic and operational plans.
- Ensure that the division contributes effectively to the work of the consortium.
- Promote internal best practices concerning strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Manage the division and provide a proactive and dynamic framework for the work of the staff of the division;
- Monitor the day to day implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Promote internally the use of best practices in terms of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Responsible to lead the Research and M&E functions of AMISOM; design and implementation of the baseline and end-of-contract quantitative opinion surveys of 2,000 individuals.
- Conduct various forms of research as well as statistical analysis countrywide
- Meet with key stakeholders across the country to both gather input for research and then help ensure that research is put into practice
- Set departmental and individual employee goals and provide routine evaluations of progress toward these goals.
- Verify the quality of M&E data and ensure the integrity of that data and its appropriate use.
- Identify and promote professional growth opportunities for staff. Ensure adherence to professional standards and ethics of prospect research.
- Lead the development and roll out a comprehensive approach to M&E that reflects AMISOM approach to M&E and that allows and manage programme effectiveness and be accountable to stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee budgets, policies and procedures for the Research Department.
- Maintain awareness and accomplishments of the organization goals and of issues within the development profession.
- Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in research and monitoring and or journalism and social sciences.
- He/she should demonstrate working experience in working with media and ability to multi-task concurrent assignments as follows:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience 5 years of this having worked in Somalia.
- Experience of project management.
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to coordinate a team of professionals.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, to deliver reports and documents; candidates familiar with Somali language will have an added advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office tools
- He/she will report to the Project Director.
Location and Duration
The Position will be based in Mogadishu,Somalia and the indicative start date is Mid May 2018. The contract is expected to run for a period of 4 months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance.