Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 30ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta iyo habka arjidana hoos arag:
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a Project Officer based in Badhan, Somalia.
I. Position profile: Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will be is responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements in Sanaag region, Somalia. The Project Officer will engaged in the planning and implementation of both WASH and Cash (CFW and UCT) interventions under the guidance and supervision of project manager.
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities involving both WASH and Cash (CFW and UCT) in Badhan to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Coordinate with the field team in Sanaag and the AMEU department to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
- Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
- Periodically monitor and update Beneficiary database of the projects and update in the events of re-targeting before finally sharing with interested departments
- Accurately manage payrolls for beneficiaries ahead of cash transfers.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
- Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and create smooth work relationship
- To provide strategic advice and guidance to program management team in relation to livelihood programming aspects
- To undertake biannual appraisal of staff under his responsibility
- To budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
- Provide capacity building to implementing partner staff when appropriate and make sure that the local partner implements the projects as per the ACTED rules and regulations as well as per Donor requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
III. Requested profile
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social/Environmental science or other relevant discipline
- Project management experience in Donor Funded Projects-Experience working in both WASH and Cash activities/interventions is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Hands On experience in report writing
- Prior significant humanitarian work experience in Badhan is an added advantage
- Ability and willing to travel within the region,
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills will be preferred.
- Knowledge of local language is mandatory
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] and received on or before 30th September 2018 with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR PROJECT OFFICER_OF_BADHAN. Applications sent without proper subject line will not be considered, same to those sent after the deadline.