Fursaddu waxay ku egtahay 4 Sept 2017. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida HALKAN RIIX.
Closing Date: 4th September 2017
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as the cash and voucher focal point responsible for pre-selection of retailers, conducting reconciliations, creating Service Entry Sheets, tracking retailer invoices etc;
- Act as the Cash Based Transfer (CBT) focal person and respond to queries regarding retailers and CBT logistics related issues;
- Monitor and follow up the movement of food and non-food items;
- Monitor market prices, check availability of commodities, food quality, food expiry dates and general hygiene at traders shops;
- Train retailers on the use of Point of Sale (POs) machines and when and how to submit invoices;
- Prepare Area Office weekly and monthly reports;
- Process retailers weekly and monthly payments;
- Conduct oversight missions to retailers to ensure they are in compliant in-line with the contract and report accordingly;
- Liaise with various departments on matters pertaining to CBT and SCOPE;
- Liaise with the programme unit if there are any expiring funds and take appropriate action;
- Ensure Purchase Order Cash for Beneficiaries (POCBs) are utilized in the exact time frame given;
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities to ensure effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Monitor the performance of vendors;
- Support operational planning during food dispatches from the warehouse and vessel arrivals at Bosaso seaport;
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues and escalate problems as appropriate;
- Perform other related duties as required.