Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 25 July. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida hoos arag, oo HALKAN RIIX.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Opening Date: 12th July 2018 Closing Date: 25th July 2018
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Progrramme at the Area Office and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office and Aviation Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate and liaise with airport and other related authorities for emergency response action including medivac and casevac evacuations;
- Ensure security and safety of aircraft is maintained during night stops;
- Supervise refueling contractors to ensure safety is maintained;
- Coordinate all operations with contractors to ensure efficient and reliable delivery of services;
- Coordinate all flight bookings and connections with other UNHAS flights;
- Monitor UNHAS flights through HF radio or telephone for accurate ETA ATD and other pertinent flight information;
- Alert UNHAS Nairobi radio room of any security incidents at or within the vicinity of the airport that may affect the safety of flight;
- Assist in meeting and dispatch of all UNHAS aircrafts;
- Assist in directing arriving and connecting passengers for onward destinations;
- Assist in checking-in UNHAS passengers;
- Weigh, tag and label cargo/baggage, issue tickets and boarding passes to passengers;
- Receive pouches / cargo / baggage from arriving UNHAS flights and dispatch them as appropriate;
- Assist in the safe storage/custody of any cargo/pouch/baggage that has not been boarded/transferred into connecting flight;
- Liaise with UNHAS Nairobi to ensure that fuel bill invoices are settled;
- Alert UNHAS Nairobi of any anticipated short fall of fuel supply;
- Assist in coordinating the re-fuelling of UNHAS aircrafts;
- Ensure that no unauthorized passenger boards UNHAS aircraft;
- Maintain and disseminate daily and monthly flight reports including fuel records;
- Perform other related duties as required.
|Experience:||At least three years of relevant experience in the field of air operations.|
|Language:||Fluency in both written and spoken English and Somali language is a requirement.
|Knowledge:||Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of WFP administrative regulations and rules, and WFP policies and procedures in the area of work.|
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.