Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 30 Abriil, faahfaahinta hoos arag, habka arjidana HALKAN RIIX.
Career Opportunities: Logistics Assistant (Vehicle Tracking), SC5 Bossaso (80522)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate the vehicle tracking operations in Bossaso and work closely with the storekeepers;
- Participate in the planning phase of the monthly dispatch as well as the port operations to ensure that vehicle tracking devices are properly utilized and act as the alternate of Bossaso warehouse manager;
- Maintain proper records of the asset management and ensure the devices are always charged, activated, functional and ready for set up on the trucks during dispatch both at the warehouse and at the port;
- Monitor the online system and follow up with transporters making sure there are no delays or diversions;
- Assist in the full roll out of the Logistics Vehicle Tracking Project;
- Closely follow up with the transporters in returning the vehicle tracking devices on time and in good condition;
- Ensure the full harmonisation of the project activities and standards in Bossaso office by identifying the gaps and providing the necessary support;
- By accessing the ad hoc vehicle tracking platform, monitor the assets transporting WFP lifesaving cargo, evaluate their movements, analyse the routes, distance travelled and provide relevant feedback to the Logistics Operations Team;
- Participate in monthly transporter performance evaluation with regards to the implementation of the vehicle tracking project operations;
- Share Daily Situation Report with the Logistics Information Officer on the assets moved by Bossaso office, daily activities, challenges, pending requests and planned activities;
- Supported by the Logistics Information Officer, draft daily and weekly vehicle tracking reports highlighting the weekly activities, achievements, challenges and related response;
- Recognize and assess the sensitivity of information obtained;
- Respect the confidential nature of sources of information where relevant;
- Closely monitor the inter-agency cargo movement at the Bossaso Beach Warehouse and maintain/share their updates records accordingly;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
|Education||Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in logistics is a must.|
|Experience||Four years of progressively responsible support experience in logistics operations and real-time systems management and ICT.|
|Language||Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.|
|Knowledge and Skills||Sound knowledge and use of real-time online tracking systems;
Demonstrated ability to work with different teams;
Demonstrated ability to monitor, analyze data and prepare reports;
Previous experience in emergencies is desirable;
Hands on experience in UN administrative regulations and policies in the area of work is a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply