Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 16 Janaayo. Faahfaahinta hoos arag. Faahfaahin dheeraad ah iyo habka arjida HALKAN RIIX.
ICT Coordinator (National Position) – Somalia
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Coordinate the dissemination and implementation of NRC’s global and regional ICT strategy in the country, as well as contributing to its definition and review from a country perspective.
- Provide oversight and compliance checks on the implementation of ICT strategy and policies throughout the country.
- Coordinate ICT resources, skills and competence within the country and offer support and advice where and when needed.
- Collect and disseminate ICT-related knowledge and learning within the country and at a regional level.
- Work with ICT staff in the country to enable them to provide ICT 1st line support as well as assist with planning, budgeting and procurement as per NRC standards.
- Provide training of ICT staff in country and (when relevant) support the recruitment and/or on-boarding of new ICT staff in country.
- Provide hands on support and gap-filling throughout country – travel involved – at the discretion of Country Office and in line with need.
- Provides periodic reports on connectivity of the country and area offices through Meraki.
- Advice the country and area offices on bandwidth capacity required for offices, bandwidth usage as well as best practices of bandwidth management.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades and data back ups
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Liaise with procurement and service providers in replacing equipment and computer parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports necessary for IT and assessments done
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications, as well as the training in existing applications and online systems
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles, emails and dealing with password issues
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers, computer maintenance companies as well as users
- Assess and ensure to have in place power and power backup system to facilitate computer systems usage
- Conducting electrical safety checks on all computer equipment
- Asset and inventory management
- Provide specification for any ICT equipment to purchased and provide technical bids analysis to ensure the purchase will conform to standards and software in place
- Along with Stores Clerk, receive all computers and equivalent assets purchased or received by NRC ensuring they match specification and requirement
- Support to monitor and track all assets for the organization as and when required
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Hands on experience in server installations and configurations
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to Manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Routers
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English both written and speaking
- Bachelor of Information Communication Technology or related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract Duration: 1year with the possibility of extension
- Duty Station: Mogadisho
- Travel: 50%
- Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable