Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 31 July. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida hoos arag, oo taariikhdaada shaqo ama CV-gaaga u dir emailka: [email protected]
Human Appeal is a faith-based non-governmental and non-profit organisation that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
In partnership with local organisations, we’ve worked in Somalia for several years. In response to the ever increasing need there, we set up a country office in Mogadishu in 2016. This will enable us to carry out timely responses to humanitarian crisis there. We are now also in a position to plan, instigate and directly supervise log-term sustainability focused programmes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible INGO work experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role at Country Director or Head of Missions level
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation
- Proven leadership and management experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching
- Proven experience delivering appropriate levels of oversight of a portfolio consisting of a variety of complex, high-value donor-funded projects
- Strong understanding of programmatic themes, in particular protection, shelter and NFIs; food security and livelihoods
- Demonstrable understanding of the humanitarian-development Nexus
- Extensive representation and fundraising success, including prior experience with UN, European, US and international donors
- Experience of managing security in a complex and rapidly changing security context
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with partner organisations. Experience with organisational capacity strengthening and partnership building helpful
- Strong budget and fiscal oversight capacities
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes
- A keen understanding of political complexities in the Middle East region
- Ability to work and live in a sometimes-insecure environment while maintaining a positive attitudeNB: This role will be paid at a competitive annual salary which is negotiable, depending on experience, in addition to international relocation benefits!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Country Director, Director of Programmes or Head of Missions to expand their portfolio of experience by leading a rapidly expanding operation with an impressive record of success and enviable international reputation!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Send your CV today!