Communications Specialist – Emergency, P3 – Mogadishu Somalia (TA – 6 months)
Summary of key accountabilities:
- Assist the Chief of Communication in relations with local, regional and international media by ensuring coverage of UNICEF related activities, providing needed information and follow up on feature stories.
- Support the communication section by:
- Preparing and editing internal documents (press releases, fact sheets, news notes, situation reports, Immediate Needs document, humanitarian action updates) for UNICEF in Geneva, National Committees and donors
- Writing human interest stories and taking photographs of women and children affected by the emergency and UNICEF’s response for UNICEF Somalia and global website, Panorama (internal online magazine for national committees), donors and partners
- Helping to maintain the Country Office website, facebook and twitter through commissioning and production of relevant, interesting material and posting
- Maintaining a log of media interviews conducted by the Country Office
- Collating media monitoring reports for UNICEF and Somali Children mention
- Support the communication officer in managing visits by UNICEF National Committees, Goodwill Ambassadors, and media delegations to emergency-affected areas, ensuring sufficient coverage and UNICEF visibility.