Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 12 Disenbar 2017. Faahfaahinta fursadda hoos arag, habka arjida iyo faahfaahin dheeraad ahna HALKAN RIIX.
Project Manager – Livelihood and Food Security-Hargeisa (National Position) – Somalia
The following is a brief description of the role
- Line management of Livelihood and Food Security(LFS) Core Competency Project Staff within Somaliland
- Oversee NRC’s Somaliland Livelihood and Food Security program implementation
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Work closely with the LFS Specialist and AM to develop the LFS CC and area Programme strategy
- Assess needs, develop emergency response plans with the Livelihoods and Food Security Specialist and implement response plans for the area.
- Ensure optimal use of livelihood and Food Security resources within the allocated projects budget and CC strategies
- Ensure capacity building of Livelihood and Food Security Program staff
- Represent NRC and networking at area level – as delegated by the AM
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Oversee timely, efficient and quality implementation of Food Security projects and activities in Somaliland by ensuring that all document guiding implementation such as budgets, DIPs, cash forecasts are developed and/ or periodically updated and used correctly.
- Ensure that technical standards and quality of implemented Livelihoods and food Security (Including Resilience) activities are in line with the area strategy, and that they meet the requirements of beneficiaries and authorities.
- In consultation with the Livelihood and Food Security Technical Specialist, Lead the process of proposal development for all projects in the Area program, ensuring quality writing, budgeting and incorporation of technical advice from the Livelihood and Food Security Specialists.
- Promote wherever possible an integrated approach for assessments and program design.
- Ensure that LFS projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure that planned assessments are carried out as per the implementation plans.
- Ensure timely Submission of quality narratives, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports to the Livelihood and Food Security Specialist.
- Together with M&E, ensure that the required monitoring and evaluation activities including baseline, end line, Post Distribution Monitoring, annual surveys are scheduled and implemented in a timely manner, and that clear analysis is done, documented and followed up on.
- Responsible for Project Cycle Management in the Area, including organizing and following up on Grants start-up, Review and Closure meetings;
- Coordinate and share information regularly with the BRCiS Consortium Management Unit, Country level resilience focal point and other Consortium structures as applicable.
- Provide agronomical/ Natural Resource Management technical backstopping and follow ups to all resilience and food security and livelihood activities in the project area.
- Ensure that staff capacities are developed and constantly improved to meet the challenges of their job.
- Cooperating with the NRC Shelter, ICLA and WASH Project teams and the Project Coordinators of other organizations in order to guarantee an integrated implementation of the RESTORE and other resilience projects.
- Participate in internal and inter-agency working group and other coordination meetings in Somalia and in Nairobi as required. Develop and maintain a network of contacts amongst the other agencies operating in the Area.
- University degree in Agriculture, natural resource management, Environmental Science/Forestry
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in the management of emergency humanitarian programs
- Experience in emergency, resilience and livelihoods food security programming
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power point)
- Documented results in project and program management
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in the area of operations
- Experience with resilience, returns and stabilization programming in Somaliland