Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 9ka Maarso 2018. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida HALKAN RIIX.
Finance Coordinator _Hargeisa (National Position) – Somalia
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement delegated area of responsibility.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
1. Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
2. Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
3. Prepare and submit reports and analysis
4. Ensure proper filing of all support documents
5. Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
6. Management of Finance team
7. Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
8. Support project staff in financial matters
9. Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
10. Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
• Ensure financial management systems and procedures are in place and that NRC’s and donors’ accounting practices and standards are adhered to
• Assist the Area Manager in preparing cash forecasts, maintaining overall budget control and monitoring cash flows and expenditures
• Oversee all financial requests made by the projects, and ensure that NRC’s external financial obligations are met
• Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
• Monitor and disburse program budgets as per approved expenditures and budget lines
• Provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the Area financial status
• Support Project Managers in budget preparation as well as proposals development
• Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records
• Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as appropriate
• Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise Finance Officers.
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail
• High integrity
• Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
• Excellent computer skills
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in large organizations
• At least 2 years’ work experience in a similar role within a non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency.
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Managing performance and development
• Handling insecure environments
• Empowering and building trust
. Commencement: As soon as possible
· Contract Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
· Duty Station: Hargeisa
· Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
· travel: frequent travel to the field
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
“ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.”