Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 12 Diseenbar ’17. Faahfaahinta hoos arag, faahfaahin dheeraad ah iyo habka arjida HALKAN RIIX.
Senior Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator – Garowe
Senior Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator
Purpose of the position:
The Senior Advocacy, Policy and Campaigns Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of an advocacy focused campaign strategy that will aim at achieving lasting changes in the lives of children while positioning World Vision as a leader in eliminating violence against children and protecting their rights. World Vision Somalia Program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill the following vacancy to be based in Garowe, Puntland Office.
Lead Advocacy and Campaigns Communications Strategy and Implementation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of an advocacy and policy campaign strategy with measurable outcomes and ensure effective monitoring/evaluation and reporting.
- Work with the Advocacy and External Engagement Director and Senior Communications Manager in the overall planning, organization and direction of World Vision’s campaign strategies and championing the well-being of children with policy makers, government representatives, like minded INGOs, NGOs and funders.
- Develop and roll-out of World Vision Advocacy Campaign Communications Guidelines and ensure their adoption across the organization.
- Work in close collaboration with the Communications team to review external World Vision’s campaign communications including articles, blogs, appeals, website and social media, and ensure compliance with World Vision’s brand guidelines.
- Research and author campaign communication pieces.
- Lead in the production of quality documents for positioning World Vision efforts towards attaining child well-being.
- Engage with governments to promote the wellbeing of children.
- In collaboration with health and child protection technical leads, help coordinate the campaign communications.
Public and Policy Makers Engagement Campaign Communication
- Lead in building alliances, partnerships and coalitions with other child-focused organizations to influence policy change, undertake joint lobbying and campaigning activities with key policy makers. Work in close partnership with other organizations to achieve high impact for children who face violence in their everyday life.
- Create and organize a coalition of likeminded organization to bring in desired policy changes to achieve high impact for children who face violence in their everyday life
- Produce writing, photography and packaging of feature stories and issues-oriented reports primarily focused on reducing violence against children, and utilized for web-based, electronic and print material that ensure effective donor and public engagement by World Vision.
- Liaise with all key stakeholders, including global and regional campaign team to raise resources for the campaign and secure support in making the campaign more creative and effective.
- In Consultation with the Senior Communications Manager, take active lead in the coordination of 16 days of activism.
Media Campaigns Communication
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a quarterly work plan to meet strategic campaign objectives of World Vision.
- Attend Humanitarian Communications Group and other meetings as they arise.
- Contribute to advocacy-oriented communications products and campaigns including web-based and print materials, posters, briefing papers, reports, stories and photo essays
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in international development, international relations, human rights, or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of experience in advocacy, campaigns and communications.
- At least 5 years of experience in policy and practice analysis using the child rights programming/principles framework and implementing advocacy initiatives aimed at bringing changes in these areas
- Experience in research and report writing to high standards and proven analytical ability, with strong editing skills
- Excellent understanding of child rights and violence against children in Somalia context
- Demonstrated understanding of Somalia context to effectively develop appropriate advocacy and campaign messages and work with government to strengthen commitment and achieve results.
- Past experience working in volatile environment or large scale humanitarian emergency/organization.
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Strong inter-organisational skills such as networking, negotiation and communication.
- Ability to produce video and audio documentaries.
- Strong computer skills including MS office applications and tools to produce program publications
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel
Travel: 25% Domestic/international travel is required.