Fursaddu waa Garoowe, waxa ayna ku egtahay 6 Maarso 2018. Habka arjida iyo faahfaahin dheeraad ah HALKAN RIIX.
|Position title||Construction Officer|
|Place of performance||Garowe, Puntland Somalia, Somalia|
|Duration||up to 2 years 15 days|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Civil experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Project Coordination experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 1 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Garowe, Puntland Somalia is an advantage.|
|Language||Fluency in English and Somali are essential.|
|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position||The fundamental mission of our client’s is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For our client, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of our client, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
The Government of Puntland in partnership with our client in Somalia received funding from the German Government through German bank for Reconstruction (KfW) towards the project titled Support to Strengthening Health Systems in Puntland (SSHSP 2017-19) with the aim of working towards the improvement of health services in Puntland. The overall objective of the Project is to increase access to quality and affordable health care services for the population of Puntland both in the urban and rural centers. Even though the concrete interventions are yet to be defined, it is thought that the Project will involve, among others, establishment of approximately two (2) Hospitals in Garowe and Galkacyo, two (2) Regional Health Offices (RHO) in Garowe and Galkacyo and the renovation and rehabilitation of 5 district hospitals and 20 Health Centre’s (HC) including the supply and installation of all medical equipment and furniture.
our client requires the services of multiple Construction Officers to offer Technical Assistance and provide quality assurance in the tendering evaluation, project monitoring and supervision phases of all construction works. The Construction Officers primary role will be to monitor the onsite construction activities and report back to our client in Somalia SSHSP project unit.
|Role objectives||Please describe the overall purpose of this new role
The efficient and effective support of the Construction Officers is linked to the successful implementation and completion of construction activities associated with PHSSP. The successful fulfillment of this role will directly impact the establishment of high quality healthcare facilities across Puntland for the most marginalized and vulnerable women and children in the country. This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility and ability of our client to continue to provide program services to protect the rights of children, promote greater social equality to enable children to survive, develop and reach their full potential in society.
|Expected output||Please provide a description of the expected deliverables of the individual and timelines (where known)
The Construction Officers will be based in Garowe and they will divide duties between the project sites. The Construction Officers will be expected to roam between all project sites to assist in the supervision of all programme construction activities and rehabilitation works. In close consultation with the Project Coordinator, they will:
1. Assist with the bidding and tender evaluations processes.
– Provide technical inputs by working closely with Supply Section, Programme sections & implementing partners to ensure that the bidding process, technical & financial evaluations, negotiations (if any) and contracts awarded are in accordance with our client standards, rules and policy.
– Review and evaluate the technical and financial bids as requested in line with the instructions to bidder and evaluation criteria.2. During all stages of construction works be accountable for onsite project monitoring and reporting on a regular basis.
– Conduct mobilsiation meetings for all projects and approve contractor’s workplan, staffing schedule and methodology. Organise formal onsite mobilsations with relevant stakeholders and ensure all project documentation and certifications are in place prior to the beginning of works.
– Conduct regular site inspections at all project sites ensuring work is being undertaken according to the drawings, standards, specifications, timeline and budget. Ensure monitoring of the construction work at critical stages and hold points.
– Monitor the overall works of all contractors (construction, supervision etc.) and ensure key deliverables, contract items and quality of workmanship is being met.
– To advise our client on any potential risks, and propose corrective measures, regarding project timeline, project budget and quality of the works.
3. Coordination of all construction and project related contracts.
4. Ensure good working relations and communicate project status with contractors and stakeholders as directed.
|Project reporting||Please provide details of monitoring and progress controls, including reporting requirements, frequency, format and deadlines where known
The Construction Officers will report directly to the Project Coordinator whom in turn is supervised by the Chief of Supply & Logistics and the Chief of Health. The Construction Officers will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the Project Coordinator in collaboration with our client’s Health Program Section and our client’s Supply and Logistics Section. He/She will be expected to employ at all times good working relations with the Ministry of Health (MOH), external Contractors and other project stakeholders as required. The Construction Officers will contribute by providing technical and managerial support and oversight to the project especially for onsite supervision, management and monitoring of all rehabilitation and construction works.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Autocad (or drafting equivalent software), GIS Software, Xcel and MS Word required, – Experience working on similar health projects is highly desirable.
– Computer Skills: familiarity with other software programs a plus.
At least five (5) years’ experience working on construction projects in a project coordination capacity