Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 19ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida oo wadata taariikhdaada shaqo u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta fursadana hoos arag:
This role will involve working across CARE’s Emergency Program to manage the delivery of humanitarian communications, during and after emergency response initiatives suitable for internal and external audiences and at the same time supports fundraising activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor, collect and analyze information pertaining to the humanitarian events and response efforts, and draw upon that information to draft, edit, format, and disseminate a wide range of internal and external information products.
- Disseminate /produce a wide range of public and internal information products including but not limited to, fact sheets, talking points, memos, PowerPoint presentations, briefing materials, case studies and other correspondence.
- Document the number of information materials disseminated internally and externally.
- Support the country emergency response team and participate in field assessments, meetings, and site visits as needed.
- Serve as the principle/focal person on emergency program communications including managing journalists and photographers visiting program areas.
- Maintain up-to-date information resources about each emergency projects implemented.
- Work with the emergency response teams, communities and beneficiaries to accurately represent their needs, experiences and feedback externally and externally.
- Support reporting on humanitarian situation and response supported by CARE.
- Develop and maintain constant and good contacts with other humanitarian partners.
- Promote the effective use of different information system, including the production and dissemination of situation reports, newsletters, infographics, maps, and application tools.
- Build the capacity of the program staff on effective communication.
- University degree in Journalism, Communication or a related field.
- Over five (5) years of professional experience in communication and technology based activities, including the development of information systems with interest and understanding of current humanitarian trends and issues.
- Experience of working in emergency start up situations (desirable).
- Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills and good working knowledge of Somali.
- Experience in both still and video photography.
- Experience in training/capacity building.
- Public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize large amounts of work while under pressure.
- Advanced computer literacy in word processing and communications tools.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to [email protected] by September 19, 2018. Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.