Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 19ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida oo wadata taariikhdaada shaqo u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta fursadana hoos arag:
Under the supervision of the Emergency Director, successful candidate will be expected to have demonstrated experience & knowledge on Cash based assistance in emergency response and humanitarian assistance agenda in Somalia/Somaliland. He/she will be required to demonstrate experience and skills to establish strategies, sustainable technical guidelines and mechanism in collaboration with other sector specialists to guide CARE Somalia Programming on Cash based interventions (CBI). The incumbent is expected to work in close collaboration with the emergency program team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and review cash based activities as well as support coordination of all cash activities across the program areas.
- Ensure that best practices in CBI are mainstreamed in all the cash projects.
- Facilitate harmonization of cash transfer rates across all sectors and regions.
- Roll out the CARE Somalia standard guidelines for cash and voucher programming in line with Somalia Cash working Group, Food security Cluster and CALP.
- Offer technical support on cash based response & voucher provision tools during programme design & proposal development.
- Carry out market and feasibility studies in all program areas and have the results incorporated in program design and strategy.
- Build the capacity of sector and project staff to improve awareness and skills with respect to implementation of sector activities.
- Build the capacity of the field team across the project areas, including design and programme cycle management, payment processing, due diligence / risk management on CBI.
- Coordinate all technical activities with partners, sub-recipients, donors, government agencies, local and international NGOs and community organizations.
- Liaise and coordinate between all projects and activities that have Cash based Interventions.
- Promote learning on the increased use of Cash based Interventions, strengthened systems, structures, services and a strengthened national evidence base on cash.
- Participate in relevant working group meetings.
- Participate in field-based cash coordination mechanisms and follow up on actions agreed by the CWG members.
- Engage with humanitarian actors across the project areas to promote coordination of cash and markets responses.
- Work closely with Sector Managers (Nutrition, WASH, Food security) to promote innovation and best practices in cash programming.
- Prepare and submit donor project reports, quarterly performance data & any other special reports needed by the government, donors, the ECSA Regional Office or Headquarters.
- Coordinate cash forecasts (monthly and quarterly reports) with the finance team
- Take necessary steps to ensure proper management and utilization of funds
- See to it that program activities comply with CARE’s financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare short success stories and briefs on innovation/best practices and project learning.
- Ensure accountability, gender equity and protection principles are mainstreamed in all steps of the project cycle.
- Identify protection issues, challenges in implementation and advocate for appropriate responses.
- Collaborate with the local authorities and communities to identify & disseminate information on emerging issues on cash programming in Somalia.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in cash and markets programming.
- Master’s degree in economics, business or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ field experience with international NGO, including at least 5 years in cash or markets-based programming.
- Experience and knowledge of market analysis tools, including market systems analysis.
- Must have strong report writing skills.
- Experience with inter-agency coordination in humanitarian setting
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Very strong analytical skills.