Fursaddu waxay ku egtahay 14 Agoosto 2017. Faahfaahinta iyo arjida HALKAN RIIX.
Project Officer II – Health ( Dollow)
Project Officer II – Health (Dollow)
The position holder is responsible for overall smooth functioning of the community health units including the, Dolo MCH , TB clinic, awareness raising and contact tracing within Dolow and neighboring communities among high-risk and/or hard-to-reach populations. He/she will effect day-to-day support to Health interventions in Dolow and Luuq including technical assistance and on job training support to CHWs, TBAs, health extension workers and the nurses to ensure the smooth functionality of the health systems, ensure customer-friendly health care services is provided to the beneficiaries .
The officer will also oversee health promotion activities including liaison to facilitate referrals and patient follow ups .Ensure adequate availability of the various medical commodities including EPI supplies and cold chain maintenance at the facilities.
Support the day to day management of health and nutrition interventions in the districts
- Act as health and nutrition liaison between community and WV health and nutrition interventions
- Support planned health promotion initiatives including polio, hygiene, IYCF and EBF campaigns for positive behavior change communication.
- Advocate for individuals diagnosed with Chronic diseases such as TB/HIV and follow up care to increase access to treatment and other issues they face coping with TB /HIV
- Establish and maintain a community referral system including patient follow up and defaulter tracing, maintaining a data base and case files of such cases.
- Lead community disease surveillance and reporting mechanism, including overseeing effective C-IMCI implementation
- Prepare monthly reports of the project activities, relating project in puts with key project outputs and outcomes.
- Work closely with the MOH Jubaland ,Health and Nutrition cluster and other humanitarian coordination mechanisms for effective coordination
- Participate in local authority, health and community events to promote health awareness, ensure Health Champions receive suitable skills training and resources to support BCC
- To document lessons learnt and good practices for future planning and alignment
- Participate in health worker supervision , facility /intervention appraisal , providing feedback and mentoring
- Actively promote principles of equal opportunities and challenge practices that undermine human dignity and health rights