Fursaddu waxay ku egtahay 6 Juun 2017. HALKAN RIIX oo ka hel arjida iyo faahfaahinta booska shaqo ee ka bannaan WFP Doloow.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and consolidate comprehensive reports, documentations, correspondence, and conduct research in the area of work;
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide timely and accurate service to clients;
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available;
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff as appropriate;
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in the WFP corporate systems;
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods, HR policies, staff benefits and entitlements to other colleagues;
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Prepare staff travel documents and ensure that all approvals are received prior to the time of travel;
- Create Purchase Requests, Goods Received Notes and Service Entry Sheets (SESs) in the WFP Corporate Systems. Maintain SES tracking sheet for recurring services;
- Check numerical accuracy of guest house purchase requests and prepare cash requests to facilitate the purchases;
- Perform any other as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressive responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge:Proven ability to effectively use word processing and other technology equipment. Thorough knowledge of modern office methods. Knowledge of protocol. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.