Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 22ka May 2018. Faahfaahinta iyo habka arjida hoos arag ama HALKAN RIIX.
Position Title : Programme Manager (Migrant Assistance Division)
Duty Station : Bossaso, Somalia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 May 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) Somalia and in close technical coordination with relevant Regional Thematic Specialist in IOM’s Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi and IOM Headquarters (HQs), the successful candidate will manage IOM’s Migrant Assistance and Counter Trafficking (CT) activities, Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) activities and Mixed Migration activities in Somalia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee implementation of the regional EUTF programs (Better Migration Management program and EUTF Reintegration Facility) in Somalia, in close coordination with the Regional Thematic Specialist in RO Nairobi.
- Manage IOM sub-offices in Bosasso and Garowe and other migration-related activities in Puntland State.
- Provide technical oversight to IOM Somalia staff on CT, AVRR and the management of Migration Response Centres (MRCs) as mechanisms for migrant assistance in Somalia.
- Supervise timely implementation of the MAD and other IOM activities as per the work plans, ensuring technical soundness, donor conditionality and guidelines, relevant IOM procedures in finance, procurement and Human Resource (HR) as well as clear communication and co-ordination with the project counterparts and implementing partners.
- Oversee the performance of AVRR, Counter Trafficking and Mixed Migration staff and consultants in Somalia, including other thematic areas in Puntland. Provide timely technical guidance and assistance to the staff and manage objective, constructive Staff Evaluation System (SES). Monitor the timeliness and the quality of deliverables produced by consultants and ensure final evaluation of the consultancy.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the government of Somalia in order to institute structure and systems to support vulnerable migrants, including support to establish the systems of migration governance, such as migration policy and national migration coordination mechanisms.
- Lead periodical monitoring of the MAD activities’ implementation schedule against work plans and budget utilisation against budget table and PRISM.
- Ensure timely development and submission of internal and external reports, including the donor reports and their supplementary documents.
- Supervise and coordinate screening and assistance of the beneficiaries and maintain an updated record of cases and files, while ensuring the confidentiality of the data.
- Oversee communication related to MAD projects in co-ordination with Public Information Unit (PIU). Ensure visibility of the donor governments and IOM and IOM Data Protection Policy in communication materials developed for projects, paying attention to accuracy, clarity and effectiveness of the materials to the targeted audience.
- In close coordination with the Programme Support Unit, develop concept notes, project proposals and budgets and explore new areas of interventions, in particular innovative areas on migrant’s assistance, including also community engagement.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership and liaison with implementing partners, the donor community, government entities, local authorities, UN agencies and other stakeholders; promoting dialogue, information sharing and cooperation among government and non-government actors; furthermore, ensure strong coordination and collaboration with IOM Somalia field offices
- Undertake duty travel as may be required.
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, International Law, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in project/programme management with United Nations Agencies or Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in migration management focusing on counter-trafficking and smuggling of humans, with supervisory responsibilities and demonstrated achievements, AVRR and/or Mixed Migration;
• Strong protection and child protection background;
• Demonstrated experience in management of finance, procurement and Human Resource (HR) for a project or a programme; planning, organising and facilitation of training, drafting donor reports and project proposals with budgets;
• Experiences in conducting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), with understanding of M&E tools and approaches;
• Working experiences in a non-family duty station in conflict or post-conflict countries;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Access or other database applications;
• Familiarity with UN/IOM procedures and processes in finance, procurement and HR;
• Experience in management of a field office, project management in Somalia is an advantage;
• Good command of computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel and Internet