Fursaddu waxa ay ku egtahay 30ka Siteenbar 2018. Arjida u dir emailka: [email protected], faahfaahinta iyo habka arjidana hoos arag:
II. Specific Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in preparation of project work plans, designs and implement them within the stipulated project timeframe.
- Provide technical support in WASH technology designs and use to support improvement of safe and affordable water and sanitation and good hygiene practices in the project target areas.
- Participate in community design sessions for appropriate WASH design options based on local contexts.
- Supporting training of community on solid waste management which entails safe disposal of waste, reduction, reuse and recycle.
- Effectively implementation as per the provided project budget.
- Support in developing and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects.
- Actively participate in all field meetings, deliberations, project site visits and workshops which address or are related to project activities.
- Actively participate in field Weekly Area Meetings (WAM) as to share project status/progress on achievements, challenges, lessons learnt and suggest solutions to the hiccups faced.
- Prepare field project progress reports and ensure timely submission.
- Document project reports, project ideas, meaningful/case stories of change and lessons learnt.
- Training of community to create awareness and sensitize for community ownership of the project.
- Contribute to rapid assessment, baseline surveys and monitoring and evaluation of project (s) to ensure achievement of desired project outputs.
- Oversee mapping, selection and repair of selected water sources/facilities.
- Supervision of construction works and ensuring quality construction/rehabilitation of WASH infrastructure by contractors.
- Support in managing relationship with communities and other local stakeholders.
- Participate in planning for commissioning of complete WASH facilities.
- Ensuring adherence to legal requirement, health and safety requirements.
- Support nexus approach between WASH, energy for water pumping and treatment and agriculture.
- Participate in development of project ideas
- Contribute to mainstreaming of gender in project activities.
- Work with relevant Government Ministries and other WASH stakeholders to ensure complementarity and coordination if WASH projects implementation.
- Document information and share the information with other ACTED departments like communication and AME.
- Assist Project Assistant Staff to identify and develop relationships with appropriate programme partners.
- Provide support, guidance and encouragement of selected community leaders through regular meeting/trainings and workshops.
Financial and personnel management
- Support project budget management to ensure completion of proposed project activities.
- Line manage Project Assistant and undertake performance appraisal when due.
- In liaison with Project Manager, identify staff capacity needs.
To perform any other duties as requested by ACTED Management**.**
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science, Water and Sanitation or other relevant discipline
- 3-5 years WASH management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in WASH management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment, motivation and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Being conversant in Somali language will be considered an advantage.
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] and received on or before 30th Sept 2018 with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR PROJECT OFFICER _WASH_BADHAN. Applications sent withiout proper subject line will not be considered, same to those sent after the deadline.